Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Loss and how to cope...

Good Afternoon Dreamerz.

Yes it has been about a minute since I have blogged, but lots has happened since my last blog post. My mom passed away March 9th after suffering from a long illness.  While we all knew this day would come it still did not and does not make the loss any easier to take.  I am so very very thankful for the family and friends who have prayed for my family the last week, sent cards, letters, called, texted, dropped by and who have dragged me out of the house to let me know they care. I had gone to pre-grief counseling last year and my therapist had suggested then that I start a journal so that I could write down my thoughts, feelings, and just about anything I wanted.  Well I didn't at that time.  There is a really sweet artist name Julia Spiri and she does some really sweet digital images.  I had bought the one I am going to show you because I really liked it and it made me think of treasured memories. So here I was sitting here all alone at my home after I had come home from my parents house last week and it was all I could do to just breathe.  So I took to my craft room to just color to help my mind escape and relax me.  I settled upon this Julia Spiri image with no real end project in mind, and the more I worked on it the more it came to life.  I knew what this colored image was going to become.  It is now the front of my journal. I have ordered the journal from amazon and it is coming soon, but until then I wanted to share it with you all. 
So here she is,
"The Fantasy Hat"


She was completely colored in Prismacolor Premier pencils.
I created the cover itself by embossing heavy duty foil with a steampunk gear embossing folder. once embossed I used double sided tape on a piece of sturdy cardboard and laid the embossed foil over to adhere it.  I then used alcohol markers to color the foil.  Once I was happy with the colors I used versamark applied over the whole top and then applied 4 coats of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel aka UTEE to give it a nice smooth front and help protect the colored and foiled cover. I inked the edges of my finished coloring and adhered it to the top of the cover and will use UTEE to completely seal the colored image to the top of the journal cover.

If you like this image you can find it here Fantasy Hat again a huge thank you to Julia Spiri for creating this image that I will now be able to put my treasured memories under.

BTW Julia Spiri has a FB Group please join to see all the amazing images she produces. 




10 comments:

  1. This turned out gorgeous! A journal is a great idea. Thinking of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creation! Fabulous coloring! Love background in your journal.
    Hugs, Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss but what a fantastic way to help you cope, your colouring is amazing and your journal is a brilliant idea, take care and thanks for joining us at Julia Spiri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to work through your loss. May your journal help you through the difficult days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss, sending lots of positive thoughts.
    Your coloring is fantastic, love colors you used.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Julia Spiri blog
    Erika, NRT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Story MaryAnn, so sorry for your loss... I can't even imagine how hard this must be on you & your family. Your project is beautiful, lovely job coloring, so much depth & detail! HUGS! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. MaryAnn, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother 11 years ago, and I still miss her everyday. One of the hardest things I've done in life has been to live through the death of my parents. Your art will help! I am so glad you have this outlet. I'm also pleased you have family and friends supporting you. Your journal cover is absolutely a treasure. Remember your mother and all she is to you every time you look at it. Thanks so much for joining us at Julia Spiri challenge blog. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss. I lost my mother when I was 8. Your projects is stunning. I love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
    ♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik