Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Guest DT for Kat Scrappiness ~ Get Well Soon ~ 2

Good Morning Dreamer'z!!

Today I am up on the Kat Scrappiness Design Team Blog as a Guest Designer.  I have been a long time customer of all things Kat Scrappiness as her fast shipping and great prices keep me coming back.
So during the month of April I will be posting a few different projects using her exclusive product along with products you can easily shop for on her website.



Today's card use's the new Crafters Essentials Easter Edition Dies along with a few other Dies from her exclusive line.  I will be sure to add links to the items in the card recipe below.

Die cut lots of chicks to create a stencil


Colors of Oxide Ink I used


  • On an A2 sized side fold card base of Neenah 110lb Classic Crest Cardstock I placed a strip of post it tape along the score line just to the backside of the card.  I like doing this because it gives the edge a nice finished look when the card is folded. 
  • Tape down your homemade stencil. I used yellow painters tape because it is low tack yet still holds everything in place.
  • For my blending I used some makeup brushes that are all the rage right now to blend my Distress Oxide inks in a rainbow pattern on the card base. TIP: you cannot be overly vigorous doing this because the stencil is made from cardstock and the tiny spots where the chicks feet are will bend.
  • While the blending looked great it still seemed rather blah to me overall so I cut a piece of silver shimmer cardstock to A2 size and then die cut a rectangle from the center of it to create a frame around the card front.
  • Again I was faced with still not enough "POP" in my eyes on the look.  So I grabbed a piece of Gina K Designs Passionate Pink paper and I used the Stitched Fancy Scalloped Rectangle Die to create another frame which I die cut a rectangle from the center of. 
  • Finally happy with how the blended card front was going to look I used a fun sentiment from my stash stamped it with Versafine Clair Ink in the color Nocturne.  I have found that this ink gives a nice solid look and coverage over Oxide inks and if you wanted you can use embossing powder over the top of it as it stays wet enough to grab the embossing powder, yet dries smudge free in seconds (Pure craft magic I tell ya!)
  • Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive was used to attach the silver shimmer frame and the Passionate Pink frame on top of the card front.
  • Lastly I added a couple of Confetti Sequins.
~
That is all for me today.  I hope I have inspired you to maybe give this technique a go and create some fast and easy cards.
~
Thank you for stopping by for a few minutes!
MaryAnn
~
For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places:
Kat Scrappiness Blog

Stamping Enablers

1 comment:

  1. Super CUTE! LOVE the rainbow gradiant design.... very pretty!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik