Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Wire Star Happy Birthday

Good Morning Dreamerz

It seems like I have so many birthdays in the months of July through the end of September that I have taken to making cards in batches of 3 or more just to have enough on hand.  Today's cards is one of those batches. 

Do you have one of those wood mount red rubber stamps you just love and cannot part with? I do and it is an oldie but a goodie made by Hero Arts called Wire Star which sadly has been discontinued (why Hero Arts why?). I have had this stamp since at least 2012 and it is my go to for so many cards and holidays/occasions.  It had been a good while since I had used it and well to be honest it has been a very long time.  Now with having stamping tools like the MISTI and the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform I have really transitioned over to photopolymer and or cling back stamps.  So here I was on a beautiful sunny day in California contemplating all the birthday cards I needed to make and the wire star crossed my mind, (gosh I love this stamp) So I thought should I risk un-mounting it from the safety of it's cumbersome wood block?  So I took a risk and lots of time.  I first set the stamp in the sun for about 15 minutes to soften the rubber and I gently peeled it away from the wood block.  SUCCESS!! It worked and I was back in business!  I know, I know show you the pictures, o.k. here you go.. 





Card Recipe:
I stamped the Wire Star on all my panels using Versamark and then Hero Arts Silver Embossing Powder  after heat setting the image I set about adding the hello stamp using versamark again but using purple and pink embossing powder.  Next up was assembly I attached the stamped and embossed panel to the front of a side folding A2 sized card base of Neenah 110lb Solar Crest cardstock. To finish off the card and add dimension and interest I applied coordinating Nuvo drops around the word hello and to where the wires on the star intersected each other, which I really like because it has the appearance of the drops actually looking like beads that have been beaded on the wire.
~
Thank you all for taking the time to look at the cards today, I just wish you all could have a chance to own this stamp.
~
Have a great day Dreamerz
MaryAnn

I have decided to enter this card in the,


14 comments:

  1. That stamp is fabulous, I would love to have this - great cards!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fab stamp and if you ever get a chance to purchase it even wood mount I say do it!!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous cards, I have this stamp too and love using it especially for Christmas cards.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it make Christmas cards so quick and easy.

      Delete
  3. Lovely cards they are bold and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Lorre-Anne thank you, and yes I wish they had not of retired it. I think it is still a very relevant stamp and not dated at all..

      Delete
  5. Love this! It would make such a great Christmas card too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy for so many years I used this stamp to make Christmas cards, I actually had a family member say "I love your cards but is that the only Christmas stamp you own?" LOL

      Delete
  6. This is Karen Bull, a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. Black and silver are a stellar combo! Really like the accents on the star. Thank you for playing along with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card and I love your embellishments and the dimension they add. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I'm Cynde from the A Blog Named Hero Design Team. I love your card and thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik