Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Camp Create Day 2 ~ Magnificent Masking

Good Afternoon Dreamers,

This afternoon I am sharing my card for My Favorite Things Camp Create using the Magnificent Masking Technique


Card Recipe
Paper is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb for the masked layer
This card started off on an A2 sized card layer and an A2 sized piece of masking paper. All Ink Blending was done using Distress Ink unless stated otherwise. I  used MFT Surf and Turf Slider Dies to cut the moon and the wavy line. I then applied all die cut mask's to the front of the card layer. I removed the section for the moon first and used hickory smoke and antique linen, replaced the mask over the top, then removed the mask for the sky portion and blended faded jeans, seedless preserves, and block soot.  Replaced the mask over the sky portion and moved to the ground. I used brushed corduroy and walnut stain in a blended yet splotchy pattern to give a dirt effect. Once I was happy with all my masked and blended layers I stamped a spooky tree in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink a few times with my MISTI, then I stamped it with versamark and applied clear embossing powder. I used a Q-Tip to rub some of the embossing powder off so that the tree would have a slight texture when I heat embossed it.  I used the stamps and dies from Grave Situation on grey paper from my stash and the Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink. The clock is from my stash. I used 2 different stamps for the Been Cancelled sentiment. The HOW OLD? is also from my stash. The Youth B. Gone is from the Grave Situation stamp set. I had some die cut bats in different sizes in my stash and used those to embellish the card. Lastly The layer was attached to a black card base.

Stitched Rope Rectangle die is from Kat Scrappiness  
~
Thank you for dropping by today Dreamerz, and have a great day!
MaryAnn


MFT Camp Create











1 comment:

  1. WOW! Fantastic background MaryAnn! LOVE the masking you did... wonderful job at Camp Create! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik