Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Camp Create Day 5 ~ Delightful Die Cutting ~ Happy Birthday

Good Morning Dreamers,

This morning I am sharing my card for My Favorite Things Camp Create  using the Delightful Die Cutting Technique



After watching the Delightful Die Cutting Tutorial Video I learned the best technique ever on how to align and line up those die cuts that need to to have just the right spacing and so that each piece goes exactly where it should be.  I have quite a few men in my life with birthdays coming up and I always struggle with making cards that are geared towards men.  So I set out to make a few using this new technique and after the first few I had a full on assembly line and was able to knock out quite a few in different colors in no time at all. Here is one of the ones I made, I kept most of the cards to a very limited color scheme relying on the different black and white patterns on the paper that I used for the candles to be the focal point of the card.

Card Recipe:
I started my project using the largest die from the My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched dies to die cut the very bottom base layer of my card from some blue paper from my stash. I then gathered up a bunch of the black and white pattern papers that I had a huge scrap pile of and I used those to die cut the candles using the Die-namics Birthday Candles die. Also from my scrap pile was a bunch of self adhesive silver glitter paper that I decided to use for the candle flames. The hearts were cut from white cardstock and then colored in using a copic marker. Once everything was die cut I set about using the technique from the video and WOW so so easy, no clue why I had never thought of this before. 
 I glued the the whole thing to the front of a side folding piece of A2 sized card base of black heavyweight cardstock from my stash
~
Thank you for dropping by today Dreamerz, and have a great day!
MaryAnn


MFT Camp Create

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card! Love the colors you used for yours... so striking! Camp was so much fun! Loved that tip about lining up the dies too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik