Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Hello Gorgeous and the mis-adventures of 2 crafty girls

Good Morning Dreamerz,

This morning I am going to share a CAS card.  Now this card did not go as planned from the get go.  I have misplaced my Ranger White embossing powder somewhere in my craft room which is a big shocker because my room is pretty well organised with a clearly labeled box "EMBOSSING" which is where all things embossing go, powders, heat gun, extra versamark pad, tiny detail paint brushes for removing stray bits of powder you get the idea right? Well I go to grab the white powder and it is missing, start tearing up the craft room and looking in possible spots I could have misplaced it only to realize the powder was not to be found this day!!  So off I go to Redlands with Jessica Flynn in tow to help keep my spending in check, to search for Ranger White embossing powder, yes seriously this is the most rich white I have ever used.  1st stop Hobby Lobby no Ranger White but I did find a Dylusions stamp set I just had to have hhmm 40% off, yep I can get it.  2nd stop Michaels no Ranger White there either but I did pick up some embossing powder called Snow and used my coupon.  3rd stop Joanns no Ranger White but oh looky another Dylusions stamp set I probably should get and yep you guessed it I had a 40% off coupon!! 
So I head home defeated but with this "Other Embossing Powder"




Card Recipe
purple/magenta layer die cut using Fancy Frames Dies
Girl with flowers stamp Unity Stamp Company embossed in SNOW powder
Banner die cut using banner from Mix it Up Dies
Sentiment from Cricut embossed with Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
Bow from Bow Dies


In closing I just want to say my card is made with the other powder which is more SILVER in color so needless to say I am now ordering Ranger White off Amazon as obviously I cannot be trusted to not spend in an actual craft store and Amazon in the long run is cheaper on my crafting budget.

Oh all was not lost Jessica Flynn while failing in her job to keep me from spending any money on anything other than Ranger White Embossing powder, did have a great idea which was to go drown my crafting sorrow at Clarkies in a Cinnamon Streusel Muffin.  Which while bad for my waistline made me feel better.. 




Have a Great Day Dreamerz.. I know I will..




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful embossing. Lovely card. The desert looks so dadgummed good also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well even though it isn't a true white, it looks fabulous, but I am sure when you get your white you will have to try this card again and see what the difference is LOL. So much for not spending money, I know too well how that is. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. well even though it isn't a true white, it looks fabulous, but I am sure when you get your white you will have to try this card again and see what the difference is LOL. So much for not spending money, I know too well how that is. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know.... Sounds Like a FUN adventure to me! LOL But I know how you feel when you know something IS in a certain spot and you go to look and it's gone! yikes! :) I do however LOVE the look - I think the silver look is stunning -

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik