Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

SumMoreFun ~ Hopeful

Good Morning Dreamerz and Happy Wednesday!!

Today is my day to take over the SumMoreFun Designs Blog.

Here's my inspiration for you using the following stamps:

Wings Set and the word Hopeful from the set Oops A Daisy

For today's post I wanted to share a card using a truly versatile stamp set with you.  I chose to use the Smaller of the Monarch Butterfly Wings for my card today.  I made this card as a future card to send during the month of October which is breast Cancer Awareness month.



Card Recipe:
I stamped the Wings which I placed very closely together on a piece of vellum then used White embossing powder and heat set. Fussy cutting is not my favorite craft task but this was actually super simple and easy to do, so much so that I made a few more for a future project. I had some scraps of the patterned paper and lined them up and glued them to a piece of printer paper and die cut a nice rounded edge rectangle and applied thin strips of silver washi tape to hide the seams. I die cut a butterfly from a dark purple piece of cardstock to adhere the wings to using multi matte medium.  The sentiment was stamped using a pretty purple ink.  

With all the stamping and layers ready to go next up was assembly of the card. I used Tombow Extreme to affix the die cut rectangle to the front of an A2 sized top folding piece of Neenah Desert Storm 100lb cardstock. The butterfly was attached using Tombow glue and some Nuvo Drops in Silver Lining applied to give the body and tips of antennae some detail.  A few more drops of Nuvo were applied to finish off this card.

~
If you would like to purchase the SumMoreFun stamps used in this project or any of the supplies linked I have an exclusive 10% off discount code for you to use.  All you need to do is click this link and the discount should be automatically applied to the contents of your shopping cart.
click here --> MARYANN10

You can find us here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik