Pages

Monday, July 16, 2018

Stencil background Birthday Card

Good Morning Dreamerz

As I said yesterday on the blog I am in what can only be described as "Birthday Season".  While I try to make my birthday cards in batches of 3 or more today's card is a one off.  And since this card has already been given to the recipient I will get to share it with you today, enjoy. 

Gather Supplies 

3 Panels made from 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11 


Finished card

Card Recipe:
This is a pretty straightforward card and actually pretty quick to make.
1. Mask off paper with stencil of your choice. I chose My Favorite Things Abstract Stencil, but really any stencil you have that you can get a pen or colored pencil in to outline will work.

2. Ink blend stencil with color of choice.  In this case I chose Ranger Distress Ink in the color of Spun Sugar and for the tiny scrap I used Twisted Citron.

3. Outline stencil in color of your choice. I used a BIC Round stick in pink. NOTE: this pen did not lend itself very well to taking inked images as the ink did not seem to want to ink over the lines very well.  I suggest testing the pen or pencil you chose to use first to make sure the ink will sit on top of your outline.

4. Grab an Image you want to use as the focal point of your panel. I Chose the man holding the balloons from the stamp set "Theories" from Stampers Anonymous. Stamp your image onto panel.  I chose to stamp and heat emboss my image using My Favorite Things Extreme Black Hybrid ink and Clear embossing powder.

5. Assembly: Die cut finished panel (or not) and apply to card base. My card was die cut using a stitched rectangle die, then affixed to a rope edge rectangle die cut piece of black woodgrain paper. I attached all layers to a side folding A2 sized card base of Neenah Classic Crest 110 LB Smooth Solar White using Tombow Multi Glue.  A few clear rhinestones and this card was ready to give away.
~

Well that is my card today, I do hope you have enjoyed it and that it has inspired you to try a different technique.

Have a great day Dreamers,
MaryAnn

Please feel free to follow me on Instagram

8 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik