Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Let it Snow! ~ Postcard for Lisa

Good Morning Dreamerz and Happy Wednesday!!

Today is my day to take over the SumMoreFun Designs Blog.

Here's my inspiration for you using:

Blank Postcard to make real postcards
and
Let it Snow

Today I want to share a fast and easy Postcard with you.  I just could not get the thoughts of Winter and my wish for Snow out of my head.  Our Design Team Leader Lisa (check out her amazing projects) just recently got her first snowfall of the season and she was just giddy over the fact she had snow, I admit to being quite jealous as we are patiently waiting for our snow in the part of California where I live. So I created this card for her and will pop it in the mail. NOTE: This Blank Postcard stamp is amazing and I plan to use it quite often, the clarity of how it stamps is perfect and it can be used on a smaller sized postcard as well.


Front of Postcard

Back of Postcard


Card Recipe:
Sadly I had taken quite a few pictures of my process but my desktop computer died and we had to purchase another. So please bear with me as I do my best to explain the process for you..

 Using a piece of Strathmore Bristol Vellum paper sized 11x14 inches I used Colorburst powders in blue, purple, pink and some green.  I sprinkled them sparingly, trust me a little goes a long ways!.  I then took my fine mist spray bottle filled with water and began to spray the paper. The colors are so vibrant and you never know what you are going to get, once the whole paper was spritzed I then tilted the paper in various directions to get the colors to blend and run into each other.  I used a paper towel to soak up any colors that were pooling on the edges.  I set this panel aside to dry throughly over night and the following day there was a little warping so I ran it thru my laminator a few times and the heat quickly smoothed the paper back to flat. I then decided where I wanted each postcard to be on the paper and cut it apart. I was able to get 4 full postcards, A6 sized and lots of pretty scraps to use later out of the one sheet. I used my Tim Holtz stamping platform to stamp the Blank Postcard Stamp on the backside of each panel. I also used the snowflake splatter to stamp the bottom corner in an ombre ink using the same colors as the front of the card.  For the front I again used the Tim Holtz platform and arranged my Snowflakes in such a way that I could stamp/emboss then flip the panel over and repeat the process.  I used 4 different colors of embossing powder applying little sprinkles of each color then heat set.  For the sentiment I curved the sentiment on the platform to run thru the center of the front panel and this was stamped in dark purple ink.

~


You can find us here:

1 comment:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik