Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Happy Birthday ~ KDB Sea Turtle

Good Morning Dreamers,

Today I want to share a card I created for a friend who loves Sea Turtles.  Is it no surprise that when I set about to make her card I knew exactly what image and from what company to chose it from?? I chose the PTC Cutesy Sea Turtle from KaDoodle Bug Designs


To create my card I uploaded the PTC Turtle to Cricut Design Space, I also uploaded a bubble background digital paper from PrintableCuttableCreateables.  I duplicated the bubbles a few times and made them in different sizes and heights once I was happy with the way I had them I used the slice feature to get the bubbles in the exact position on the card base shape.  I sized the Sea Turtle as a separate layer.  Sent both images to my printer and used the bleed option for the turtle which allows for a goof proof cut.  The Cricut cut the turtle shape out like a dream and I used a light green copic to go around the cut edge so that the white cardstock would not show on the edge. I die cut the bubble layer using a Wonky Stitched Die from My Favorite Things. For the bubble layer I wanted some of the bubbles to really stand out so I used Gansai Tambi Starry Watercolors in White Gold to accent all the highlights of the bubbles, then I randomly applied glossy accents to some of the bubbles.  The turtle has foam dots applied to the back to give the card depth and dimension, finally I applied a super tiny paper flower over the PTC Turtles flower image in the same shade as the printed flower.. 

Thanks for taking the time to look at this cute card today Dreamers, until next time Have A Great Day!!







2 comments:

  1. Wow MaryAnn...super cute card. ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card MaryAnn! Gotta LOVE that adorable Turtle!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik