Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

October Birthday's

Well it seems so many of my friends have birthdays in October that I am unusually busy making cards for birthdays in this month.  I created this card for a friend who just loves all things Halloween and whose birthday falls in the month of October.  Each Halloween she and her husband throw a very fun Halloween party. Their whole house is decorated very spooky with lots of Nightmare Before Christmas memorabilia which they actually leave it year round.  

I created this card using the Elizabeth Crafts pop it ups round die.  I then used the coordinating die for the decorative edges which I cut apart to give a grunge dismantled feel to the card. The Jack faces were created by me using my Cricut Explore Air by taking a jack face and slicing it into a circle.  While it is very hard to see in the picture I had used a piece of white cardstock that was affixed with a sheet of double sided tape. After cutting the jack faces I removed the tape and applied Sparkle & Sprinkle Cloud 9 velvet/micro fine glitter.  Affixed to card base and done!!


Buutt! I could not stop at the front of the card!! I took the part of the Jack face that was removed from the initial cut and since it was already affixed with the tape decided to add Sparkle & Sprinkle Waterscape to the face elements, ran them through my xyron and affixed to the back of the card.. My friend loved the card so much.  It is such a good feeling when people you give cards or projects to really enjoy them. 

4 comments:

  1. you need to make a card kit subscription.. I would so join for these kinds of cards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jack!! So cool! Thanks so much for joining us for the Pink & Main birthday challenge!

    ~Stacey (Pink & Main DT member)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik